20 October 2008

I'm so happy I might cry...

So last week I was reading my Washington Post magazine, and it was the issue with the best cheap eats in the city. You know me, I love good food, and even better if I do not have to cook it!

Rewind a little bit to my years in England... Back then my favorite "fast food" place was a South African chicken joint called Nandos. I missed it so much when I moved back that I even had friends buy my their sauce and send it to me so I could try to re-create it at home... (A failed attempt, I should note...) Their main ingredient is some kind of South African spice or chili pepper (not sure exactly which) called Peri-Peri. So for the last six and half years I have had to live without delicious Nandos... It has severely traumatized me.

But oh happy day, cause GUESS WHAT? According to my Post magazine, one just opened in DC! The first in the US apparently, and it's in Penn Quarter / Chinatown, which is in NW and close-ish to my work! I can cruise down there at lunch on a good day and be back in just over an hour. You can bet I'll be making the trek just as soon as I can find the time. Check back later this week for my own personal reviews... I can't wait. I literally was so happy I almost cried tears of joy.

http://www.nandosperiperi.com/index.cfm

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Yummy! Sounds good! When we come for a visit, this place is on the to-do list!