04 June 2008

"Nothing is too wonderful to be true..." Michael Faraday

Counting my blessings....

So I walk in the door today and the first thing Cobby says to me is "Mama! I'm a chicken butt!" Apparently at his swim lesson today he refused to jump in the pool to Kristen (the swim teacher) so now he's a chicken butt, at least according to himslef. What a kid. Maddie's last day of school was today; hard to believe she is finished with kindergarten already. I think it's all downhill from here - I already have visions of her being 18 years old. It's freaking me out.

Today was a great day! Lots of small nice things happened to me that just made my day brighter and brighter. I love days like that.

So tomorrow at 5:30 AM we drop Nana at the airport and the kiddos and me head to Ohio to drop them off with their dad for the summer. Starbucks is definitely on the agenda for the morning. It's so great that my mom has been able to be here and help us for so long (6 months!) without getting on each other's nerves, but I think just in the last week or so she is feeling really ready to go back to TX and my dad. I'm in for some lonely days I think - going from hubub of kiddos and my mom around all the time to just me for the summer will take some adjusting. The last time I lived alone was when I moved to England, in the summer of 1999. I'm looking foward to it and dreading it all at the same time.

Aren't I lucky to have such an amazing family? How many moms would do what mine did for me? Well, probably a lot. But how many people would actually enjoy living with their mom for 6 months? And I get to hang out with my brother and new sister this weekend. I love my family so much.

Most days I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I have so much to be thankful for, and really nothing to be unhappy about. The best family in the world, the most amazing friends a girl could ask for, my kiddos with me the majority of the year, a career that I can truly say I love, and wonderful new people in my life.

I love my life.

No comments: